Sunday, 21 May 2006

2006 Eurovision Song Contest

The band Lordi from Finland won the Eurovision Song Contest this year with the song "Hard Rock Hallelujah". I wonder what their Heavy Metal colleagues will say when shown the trophy shelf in the pool room and one of the trophies is inscribed: Eurovision Song Contest 2006.

I give Germany a thumb up for entering with a country song, and then two thumbs down for entering with a bad country song.

The song from England was crap, as was the song from Denmark.

3 comments:

  1. Thomas, I just poped over from michael manning's blog. Thanks for your comments. Hope you've given a listen. This is a fun place you hae here. I'll stop by again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview on Michaels blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thomas: Please tell me those guys are not serious. What an album cover!! Try to imagine Ozzy Osborne's first reaction to seeing this!!! He would freak out. "A bad German Country song!" BTW: I suggest Lorrie Morgan CD photos! Less stressful. More philosophical. Please advise!

    ReplyDelete