Saturday, 11 March 2006

Electric Nostalgia

It's funny how a glimpse of something can start a nostalgic trip back in time. Seeing a picture of a Nixie Tube on "http://electricstuff.co.uk/" reminded me of the local candy shop when I was a child were the cash register had these tubes in the display. I was very fascinated by all the filaments coiled up in the shape of numbers inside a glass bulb and could stare at it for hours if not for my mother and her busy shopping schedule. I must have been an easy child to take shopping, other children would beg for candy and behave in the most unruly manner to get it, while I would just stand around staring into the cash register display.

Image Hosted at ImageHosting.usImage Hosted at ImageHosting.usImage Hosted at ImageHosting.usImage Hosted at ImageHosting.usImage Hosted at ImageHosting.usImage Hosted at ImageHosting.us

No comments:

Post a Comment